The Village Trust has been in existence since the 1960s and welcomes new members. Its principal aims are:
• To stimulate public interest in, and care for, the beauty, history and character of the village and its surroundings.
• To encourage the preservation, development and improvement of features of general public amenity or historic interest.
• To encourage high standards of architecture, design and planning in the Parish of Skelton.
• To promote good community relations and social contact by encouraging interest in the
objectives and activities of The Trust.
• To pursue these ends by means of speaker evenings on related topics, exhibitions and activities aimed at environmental improvement
The Trust Committee undertakes activities aimed at maintaining and improving the appearance of the village - tree and bulb planting, hedge maintenance, bench repair and painting for example – when members’ assistance is always most welcome. We arrange three speaker and social evenings each year in the Village Hall from November to May. These enjoyable events are open to all, cover a wide range of topics and are advertised in the monthly Parish Newsletter and on village notice boards
Members also receive a six-monthly Newsletter about our activities. Membership for an individual or a household only costs a few pounds and is an excellent way to support the aims listed above – and to have a say in the matters we cover.
Further details can be obtained from our above website or by phoning 470241.